jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "R. van Twisk" <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit over rmi and connection pool
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 13:34:55 GMT

On Apr 4, 2013, at 4:02 AM, "De Georges, Adrien" <Adrien.DeGeorges@experian.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We are experiencing strong speed decrease when using an external database (sql or oracle)
located on a different machine. It looks that each rmi or db call from JackRabbit (org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement)
are twice slower. I would expect some slowness but not that much. We tried to optimize setting
a DB connection pool in the datasource config without success.
> Does somebody has any experience on that? Any way to improve db connection/transfer process.
> Regards,
>
> Adrien

Adrien,

I don't have a solution but we possibly have seen the same.
We use PostgreSQL + jackrabbit within a CMS and during installation I see
much larger installation time (where the CMS initialises it's system and does it's DB calls
I assume) because
our DB server is on a different server.

Ries