jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Versioning question
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:35:35 GMT
Hello Marek,

I only know about the FileDataStore and this one uses the hash of the content as file location.
Meaning if you store the same content twice, it's written only once to the file system.

Regards, Robert

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marek Slama [mailto:mslama@email.cz]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. April 2013 15:35
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Versioning question

Hello,

I want to ask if Jackrabbit makes any space optimization when new version of binary content
is created. For example:
I have file node F: I create version V1 and then version V2 but I actually do not check in
my code if anything has changed.
so V1 1.0 and V2 1.1 content are the same. Is binary content stored twice or only once?

ie. my versionable node is:
            Node fileNode = documentNode.addNode(docxName, NodeType.NT_ FILE);
            fileNode.addMixin(NodeType.MIX_VERSIONABLE);
            fileNode.addMixin(NodeType.MIX_CREATED);

Thanks

Marek