jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "De Georges, Adrien" <Adrien.DeGeor...@experian.com>
Subject Jackrabbit over rmi and connection pool
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:02:21 GMT
Hi everyone,

We are experiencing strong speed decrease when using an external database (sql or oracle)
located on a different machine. It looks that each rmi or db call from JackRabbit (org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement)
are twice slower. I would expect some slowness but not that much. We tried to optimize setting
a DB connection pool in the datasource config without success.
Does somebody has any experience on that? Any way to improve db connection/transfer process.
Regards,

Adrien

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used
by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission.
There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through
the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian
Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between
Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure
that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised
to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark
House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration:
England and Wales. Registered number: 653331