jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From jsmarks <jma...@salo.com>
Subject JCA using RMI in a Weblogic server
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:30:52 GMT
We are running jackrabbit under a Weblogic server. We access the repository
via rmi from a separate Weblogic server that runs our application. We want
to use jackrabbit Sessions we get from repository logins as XAResources with
jackrabbit JCA. I think I get just about everything that needs to be done
with jackrabbit-jca-2.4.3.rar, including changes to ra.xml, setting
<config-property-value> for RepositoryURI, and adding weblogic-ra.xml before
rebuilding the rar.

Based on other postings, I try to install the rar as an application from the
Weblogic console, but it fails with a ClassDefNotFound for
javax.jcr.Repository. Should I try installing as a library?

I'd also like someone to confirm that if I'm using RepositoryURI as a
<config-property>, I don't need to specify HomeDir or ConfigFile.

Other postings suggest that using RMI is preferred. What is it that I'm
missing here?

BTW, everything works fine when I just write the code creating the
Repository and enlist Sessions in Weblogic XA transactions. I just got the
impression that JCA was the preferred method for doing what we want to do.