jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lars Janssen <lars-listm...@ukmix.net>
Subject How to use MySQL persistence manager with Jackrabbit standalone
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 15:08:09 GMT
Hi all,

I've been successfully using Apache Jackrabbit 2.4.3 and now 2.6.0
(standalone server in both cases) using the default configuration, so the
repository is stored on the filesystem.

How can I make it connect to a MySQL back end instead? I don't need to
worry about migration, just set it up as a fresh install.

After trying the steps below, Jackrabbit fails to start correctly or
populate the DATASTORE table in the database, and I find this error in the
logs:

ERROR [main] RepositoryImpl.java:366
           failed to start Repository: Cannot instantiate persistence
manager org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.MySqlPersistenceManager
    javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Cannot instantiate persistence manager
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.MySqlPersistenceManager
    [... oodles of backtrace cut ...]
What I've done so far:

I've created the Jackrabbit database/user, which I can connect to no
problem:

mysql -D jackrabbit -u jackrabbit -h localhost -pjackrabbit
I started with a clean slate (empty /var/jackrabbit directory), except the
configuration file comes from here:
https://raw.github.com/wiki/jackalope/jackalope/files/repository.xml

Here's the startup script I'm using:
https://github.com/sixty-nine/Jackrabbit-startup-script

And here's the java process that runs:

java -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx512M -Xms128M -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1111
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=/opt/jackrabbit/startup/jmx.user
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=/opt/jackrabbit/startup/jmx.role
-jar /opt/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-standalone-2.6.0.jar -h 127.0.0.1 -p 8080
I don't think I get far enough for it to matter, but I'm using MySQL
5.5.28-1.

I'm having the above problem with both 2.4.3 and 2.6.0.

Also:

java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.5) (6b24-1.11.5-1)
Plus I subsequently installed the MySQL JDBC library on Debian:

apt-get install libmysql-java

Thanks,

Lars.