jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Malzer Ferdinand OSP sIT <Ferdinand.Mal...@s-itsolutions.at>
Subject strange behaviour of Jackrabbit using
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 06:49:42 GMT
Hello,
We have the following problem.
We use a  JcrConstants.MIX_VERSIONABLE node N which has a property A defined with defintion
propDef.setOnParentVersion(OnParentVersionAction.IGNORE).

When we try to change this property we got the following exception:
	javax.jcr.version.VersionException: Unable to perform operation. Node is checked-in.

In the JCR 2.0 spec we could find the following information:

15.2.2 Read-Only on Check-In
When a versionable node is checked in, it and its subgraph become read-only.
The effect of read-only status on a node depends on the on-parent-version (OPV)
status of each of its child items.
When a node N becomes read-only:
* No property of N can be added, removed or have its value changed unless
it has an on-parent-version setting of IGNORE.

According the spec we would expect, that we could change the property A of N without explicitly
check-out the node.
Does somebody knows what goes wrong and how to change a property defined as OnParentVersionAction.IGNORE
without creating a new version?

Thx in advance.
:-) ferry malzer