jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From <msl...@email.cz>
Subject Re: Re: JVM hangs during startup (indexing) (2)
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 15:24:16 GMT
Also randomly we had problem with not released connections in JBoss
connection pool and Postgres. Now long time no occurrence.
In any case you can check number/list of open connections in psql . In our
case it was
97 open connection (by default 100 open connections in postgres and 3 are
reserved for admin). It happenned even if we had much smaller
max connection pool size. As it happened randomly we did not find any
solution. We tried to change connection pool size and it does not
happen any more. Still no idea what was cause of this. In any case using
psql you can find out easily if it is also your problem.

Query is for 9.x: SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;
Marek

--
Marek Slama
mslama@email.cz

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: mslama@email.cz
Datum: 7. 3. 2013
Předmět: Re: JVM hangs during startup (indexing) (2)

"Quick look: It hangs in connection pool - connection pool if it cannot
return free connection to caller it waits forever by default.
How big is your connection pool? (Maximum size? It would be good to patch
connection pool to see who/how many connections is
used and why connections are used not release. In our config we use
connection max pool size 15 and it is enough.) So first
fast fix would be to increase max connection pool size but if there is
problem with not released connection it will not help for long.

Good news is it is not problem with memory or gc (at least IMO).

Marek

--
Marek Slama
mslama@email.cz