jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Hendry_Betts <hendry.be...@greenskycredit.com>
Subject Re: JVM hangs during startup (indexing) (2)
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:30:10 GMT
Daniel,

We had a similar issue in our environment as our JCR contained many XML
documents. It would hang during indexing and we were able to trace it to the
Lucene components. The fix, albeit sub-optimal, was to change how indexing
behaved through the use of an indexing_configuration.xml that reduced the
memory load and sped up indexing significantly.

We also turned off index highlighting by setting the following node  inside
the SearchIndex stanza and the SearchIndex child node of the Workspace
stanza.

It seemed counter-intuitive at first, that this should make a difference,
but it does.

HTH