jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Anu Madan <AM0059...@TechMahindra.com>
Subject Need help: Jackrabbit file deletion doesnot free disk space.
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:04:12 GMT
Hi,

We are using Jackrabbit with Derby database as file system.
We are deleting nodes using the jcr api and the nodes are deleted successfully. Since we get
an ItemNotFoundException when we fetch them thereafter.

But if we check the disk space, it still shows the same amount of space occupied.
We are facing space issues on our server and are trying to delete old files to overcome the
issue.

Please advice on the way, the space can be recovered on file deletion from jackrabbit.
Also, please share how the deletion mechanism works, for knowledge purposes.

Thanks.

Regards,
Anu Madan | Team Lead
Email: anu.madan@techmahindra.com<mailto:anu.madan@techmahindra.com>