jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From <msl...@email.cz>
Subject Re: DMS server hangs when start up - continueous doing Full GC
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 11:53:13 GMT
Generally this GC behaviour happens when there is not enough memory on heap,
it is not possible to expand heap and also
GC is not able to release any memory. Then GC might run looong without
success seemingly hanging JVM. So first try is to
increase max heap for JVM -Xmx2048m, set actual value according to your
current setting ie. increase it.

--
Marek Slama
mslama@email.cz

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: virendra Manvar <virendra.manvar@gmail.com>
Datum: 4. 2. 2013
Předmět: DMS server hangs when start up - continueous doing Full GC

"Hi,

We have repository with around 300GB and 16 million docs.

Jackrabbit DMS server is deployed on solaris sparc OS with 64 bits. We are
using wrapper to start DMS server.

When we start up server, it is doing Full GC after 5 minutes and then it
gets hung.

Also we are using *BundleDbPersistenceManager* for storing bundle in DB
which has more than 12 million records.

We have analyzed memory dump with Eclipse Memory Analyzer and it displays
that below class is using high memory.

*
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.CachingIndexReader.initializeParents
*

Please help to resolve this issue.

* *

Regards,