jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Cox <crankydi...@gmail.com>
Subject How to load custom nodes before re-indexing (existing MySQL database)
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:03:55 GMT
Hi,

My program has to 'create' the Jackrabbit (1.6.5) file structure
(repository/repository.xml, etc) from scratch when its launched.  However,
my MySQL database, which is targeted by PersistenceManagers, already exists
and may already contains nodes. I use custom nodes and search indexing.

My app works well if the MySQL database is empty.  However, if it contains
nodes, the indexing process breaks down.  I'm tentatively guessing this is
because my custom nodes aren't in place.  I make this guess because of the
hack I'll describe in a bit.  Anyhow, I'm wondering if there is any way for
me to load the nodes before all the index stuff happens.  Alternatively,
I'm open to almost any kind of solution.

Regarding my hack, everything works fine if I manually add
repository/repository/namespaces/... and
repository/repository/nodetypes/...  Of course, I commented out my code
that is supposed to generate these dynamically.  I realize this is abusing
an implementation detail, but I'm not sure how to accomplish what I need,
which is what I describe above.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove my hack?  Is what I'm doing
just crazy?

Any help is appreciated.