jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to present files to the user using WebDAV
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:57:15 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Christoph Läubrich
<laeubi@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...I was able to set it up and access the repo via WebDav but have one Problem:
> If i dropp a file onto the Webdav, it gets uploaded but afterwars is
> converted into a folder, that just contains a subfolder named 'jcr:content',...

That's by design, as described at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/nt%3Afile and according to the JCR
spec [1].

That node structure is seen as a file when accessed via a WebDAV
mount, so it shouldn't be a problem - the advantage is that the
jcr:content node can contain additional metadata.

-Bertrand

[1] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#3.7.11.2 nt:file