jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Question about Node.setProperty
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:25:49 GMT
hi marek

the JCR specification mandates that a referenceable node cannot be
removed as long there are reference properties pointing to it.

whether that constraint is enforced on transient changes or just
once the changes are persisted is AFAIK an implementation detail.
if i remember correct jackrabbit-core immediately enforces that
constraint while the other implementation in jcr2spi doesn't.

if you don't need that reference-consistency you may want use
a property of type WEAKREFERENCE or maybe even PATH.

regards
angela