jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jörg von Frantzius <joerg.frantz...@aperto.de>
Subject String normalization or collation?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:39:33 GMT
Hi,

we've got the problem that our SQL2 queries with ORDER BY clauses on
Strings do sort the Germans Umlauts at the end of the results, while
Umlauts should be sorted like their equivalent characters without the
accent (e.g. "ö" = "o").

According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3443, with
Jackrabbit 2.5.3 it should be possible to have a normalize() function in
XPath queries, but not in SQL2.

We're now thinking of modifying the Jackrabbit configuration, and in
particular setting the "analyzer" param to the SearchIndex with a custom
subclass of org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer, which
makes use of a
https://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_0_3/api/core/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ASCIIFoldingFilter.html

.

Does anybody per chance have an opinion whether that could be a viable
approach?

Thanks for answers + regards,
Jörg

--
*Dipl. inf. Jörg von Frantzius, System Architect*

Email mailto:joerg.frantzius@aperto.de
Phone +49 30 283921-318
Fax +49 30 283921-29

Aperto AG - In der Pianofabrik
Chausseestraße 5, D-10115 Berlin-Mitte
http://www.aperto.de
http://www.facebook.com/aperto
https://www.xing.com/companies/apertoag

HRB 77049, AG Berlin Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Dirk Buddensiek (Vorsitzender), Kai Großmann, Stephan Haagen
Aufsichtsrat: Bernd Hardes (Vorsitzender)