jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Läubrich <lae...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Is Jackrabbit suitable for storing lots of large files
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:40:42 GMT
Hi Robert,

thanks for your reply, I think it is suitable in my usecase to disable
the index at all since full-text-search will not be required. I'll try
to get the Datastore up and running, I'm only do not want to create my
application and find out that above some limit of overall storage
Jackrabbit stop working or something because JCR and/or Jackrabbit is
the wrong technology at all to be used as a meta-filestore.

Regards
Christoph

Am 11.02.2013 14:28, schrieb Seidel. Robert:
> Hi,
>
> storing is not the problem, cause this is all done by streaming. But you can encounter
problems if you want to index such data, because Lucene holds all tokens for a file in memory
(no streaming here).
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Search).
> But this can be real frustrating if the 10001. token is searched - it is also not very
transparent for the user.
> If you increase this value, you need more memory.
>
> Imho you have to decide to index all tokens (with enough memory) or nothing for this
data.

> Regards, Robert

if you use the datastore [1] to store the binary content.