jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Melanie Drake" <mdr...@inmedius.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 2.4.3 fails on JBoss4 while 2.4.2 is fine
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:30:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to get Jackrabbit 2.4.3 to work on a JBoss 4.0.1sp1  server.
Jackrabbit 2.4.2 works with no issue.  If I simply replace the 2.4.2 rar and
jars with the 2.4.3 versions, JBoss no longer starts.  In other words, I do
not see the 'JBoss started in X ms' message in my server log, which I do see
with Jackrabbit 2.4.2:

2013-02-04 10:15:18,015 INFO [org.jboss.system.server.Server] JBoss (MX
MicroKernel) [4.0.1sp1 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_1_SP1 date=200502160314)]
Started in 1m:797ms

(I remembered to modify jcr-ds.xml to reference the 2.4.3 rar.)

The symptom of this is that I can no longer access my application's login
page.

The frustrating part is that I see no errors in my server log.  The
repository starts:

2013-02-04 10:20:25,640 INFO [STDOUT] 2013-02-04 10:20:25.640 INFO [main]
RepositoryImpl.java:364 Repository started (4890ms)

The repository is reported as created:

2013-02-04 12:32:57,046 INFO
[org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAManagedConnectionFactory.jcr/myApp] Created
repository (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl@14b4e26)

That's almost the last thing in the server log, except for an INFO message
from org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader that 3 jars can't be
loaded.  These message are also in the server log of the "good" 2.4.2
instance, so I assume they are not indicative of a problem.

I looked at the 2.4.3 release notes:

 <http://www.apache.org/dist/jackrabbit/2.4.3/RELEASE-NOTES.txt>
http://www.apache.org/dist/jackrabbit/2.4.3/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

but I don't see anything obvious that could be problematic.

INTERESTING FACT:

If I remove the commons-collections jar from my application lib folder, I
see an error in my server log:

Repository not started due to: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/collections/map/ReferenceMap

In this case, JBoss does start and I can access my application's login page.
I don't know if this is a meaningful clue.

CONFIGURATION:

Jackrabbit: 2.4.3

JBoss: 4.0.1sp1

Database: Oracle XE

PersistenceManager (deprecated*):
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager

FileSystem: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem

*We need to use the deprecated persistence manager because our customers
have a lot of repository data which we do not wish to convert at this time.
We confirmed that this should be ok.

Finally, in case this is interesting, I'm including a list of the
application level third party jars below.  You'll see some of the Jackrabbit
dependencies here, because I don't think JBoss 4.0.1sp1 knows how to access
jars in the rar file.

Thanks!  Any help is appreciated.  I'm running out of things to try.

APPLICATION LEVEL THIRD PARTY JARS:

activation.jar

antlr-3.0.1.jar

autonumber-plugin.jar