jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From <msl...@email.cz>
Subject XPath path constraint
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:14:51 GMT

I want to ask if there is any plan to optimize or fix performance of XPath
query with path constraint. I asked about my problem a while
ago. It was as follows:

If I have node structure /a/b and want to find out all nodes b with property
p which has value 'v1' I can use
either XPath expression with path constraint
but this is quite slow (both query and then iteration over result set).
So we use query without path constraint:
It is considerably faster (more than 10times) but it is error prone. Even if
we try to keep property names globally unique
we still use some subtree to store 'invalid' nodes which will need some
manual intervention but we do not want those nodes
to be returned. So we either have to filter result (using path prefix) or go
back to path constraint in query but then we are back to
very poor query performance.

So my question is: Is there any plan to handle bad query performance when
path constraint is used in XPath query?