jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JVM hangs during startup (indexing)
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:04:09 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Daniel Hobi <d.hobi@gmx.ch> wrote:
> We are currently facing a problem using JCR 2.2.13: The JVM suddenly hangs during its
startup.
> No exception / stacktrace is provided. It just hangs while (re)indexing our repository.

It looks like the repository is simply busy reindexing (thread 14523
is executing the createInitialIndex method).

> repository information:
> ca. 100GB Data, consisting of 100KB - PDF files

That will take a long time to reindex... Assuming one second per PDF,
that's roughly twelve days. Normally PDF parsing should be a faster
than that, but you're still probably looking at at least a few days
worth of reindexing.

Unfortunately the reindexing process currently doesn't run
concurrently in the background, though there's been some discussion of
the need to do something like that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting