jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JVM hangs during startup (indexing)
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:12:23 GMT

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Daniel Hobi <d.hobi@gmx.ch> wrote:
> ...and then suddenly (after about 61100)...
> 1. no more log output is created
> 2. yourkit cannot talk to the jvm process anymore (not responding)

Are you running an up-to-date JVM? The thread dump doesn't show any
deadlocks so this sounds rather like a JVM hang, possibly triggered by
some native font/graphics library issues we've encountered on a few
occasions with PDF processing.

Alternatively, increasing the amount of memory available to the
process might help. Some PDFs may require lots of memory, which could
cause unexpected OOM issues to bubble up.

Finally, if you upgrade to Jackrabbit 2.4, you might want to try the
forkJavaCommand option we added in JCR-2864. That puts the full text
extraction tasks to separate background processes where they have no
chance of breaking the main repository process in ways described

Jukka Zitting

View raw message