jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Hobi" <d.h...@gmx.ch>
Subject JVM hangs during startup (indexing)
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:51:17 GMT
Hi there

We are currently facing a problem using JCR 2.2.13: The JVM suddenly hangs during its startup.
No exception / stacktrace is provided. It just hangs while (re)indexing our repository.

repository information:
ca. 100GB Data, consisting of 100KB - PDF files

jvm options: (we only have 2GB ram available :-()
-Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=64m

repository configuration: (coming from older jcr versions)
http://pastebin.com/Q9Jdqdai

jStack dump (-F was needed):
http://pastebin.com/REhk00RU

As you may have noticed we use yourkit to profile our application. Unfortunately, removing
the agent does not change a thing, but one thing we noticed is that in every "JVM hang" the
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection.close() is part of the stacktrace.

Any insights?

Thanks!
Daniel