jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "david.wery" <david.w...@calysis.be>
Subject PostgreSQL PersistenceManager disk space (pg_toast)
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:33:56 GMT
Hi the community,

I'm currently importing lots of PDF to JackRabbit and I have a strange
behavior with the disk space usage (or I don't understand it).

I'm using the following configuration :

While importing the PDF (240 000 in total), i have the PostgresQL database
xxx and the /var/xxx/repository/data folder growing at the same speed and
having +/- the same size. For example, for 23 000 documents imported, the
database size is 9.9 G and the /var/xxx/repository/data size is 9.9 G.

Querying the database to get table size give me :

The full database size is consumed on the table  pg_toast.pg_toast_408680.
Does someone have an idea on what is this table and it is used for ?

Many thanks !

            David Wery
            CTO @ Manex
       	 	Rue Wagner 127Belgique BE-4100 Boncelles Belgium
            Office : +32 4 330 37 33 Mobile : +32 497 50 53 20
   	  	  	david.wery@manex.biz www.manex.biz
            	Follow us!