jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: How to make indexing case insensitive
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 11:58:29 GMT
On 06.12.2012, at 16:43, Robert Haycock <Robert.Haycock@artificial-solutions.com> wrote:

> That explains it. I thought the analyzer was also used for indexing, from my Lucene days.

The analyzer is used both for indexing the full text index *and* for parsing the terms in
the jcr:contains() of the query (otherwise things like stemming or lower-casing in the analyzer
wouldn't work in all cases).

The "full text index" is aggregated on the node by default and all properties (incl. text
extracted from binary properties) contribute to it. Individual properties however, are indexed
separately as fixed strings, and this is where @prop = "foo", jcr:like() and the fn:lower/upperCase()
functions come into play.

You can also do jcr:contains(@property, "...."), I am not exactly sure what happens in this
case (if there is also a full text index for the invidual properties).

Cheers,
Alex