jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Robert Haycock <Robert.Hayc...@artificial-solutions.com>
Subject Removing empty VersionHistory
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:09:57 GMT
Hi,

Jackrabbit 2.4.3

How do I remove a VersionHistory which has no versions (other than jcr:rootVersion)?

I have a process that iterates over version histories that checks to see if the base version
has been deleted. If it has, it removes all the versions which in turn removes the VersionHistory.
That all works fine.

I have a number of version histories which only have jcr:rootVersion and jcr:versionLabels.
If I try to call versionHistory.remove() it throws a ConstraintViolationException, as I kind
of guessed it would. I thought maybe I could checkin() the base version to create version
1.0, then I could remove that, but when I do a session.getNodeByIdentifier() it throws a ItemNotFoundException.
I get the identifier from VersionHistory.getName(). There are no other processes/apps running
that might be interfering.

How do I tidy up these?

Thanks,

Rob.