jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Robert Haycock <Robert.Hayc...@artificial-solutions.com>
Subject How to make indexing case insensitive
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:40:11 GMT
Hi,

We have created our custom analyser and set the analyzer param in the workspace.xml...
public class LowerCaseAnalyzer extends Analyzer {

    @Override
        TokenStream stream = new LetterTokenizer(reader);
        stream = new LowerCaseFilter(stream);
        return stream;
    }
}
And when I debug I can see it is being hit and tokens being converted to lowercase.
On a node I have a property called "name" with value "FLOW". Problem is, when I do a JCR2
SQL search the sql "WHERE name = 'FLOW'" returns the node but "WHERE name = 'flow'" doesn't.
This is not what I expected.
My assumption was that the LowerCaseFilter would convert all text to lower case before being
indexed.
Is my assumption wrong? How should I tell Jackrabbit to index everything as lower case so
when I search I can convert all my search terms to lower case?

Thanks,

Rob.