jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Eduardo Díaz <iam...@gmail.com>
Subject Saving a lot of documents, too slow
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:13:07 GMT
Hi,

I am using jackrabbit for several projects as a document repository and it
was working pretty well, but I'm having problems with one system in
particular, let me describe the situation:

* By slow I mean from 40 seconds to about 2 minutes.
* I am saving pdf documents each one is about 100kb in size.
* I generate about 20 documents in a minute.
* Each document is saved in it's own session.
* This only happens under load, when I generate a single document it is
saved in seconds.
* Lookup is fast enough, taking just a few seconds.

I don't know a lot about jackrabbit internals, but I think it might be the
lucene indexing what's taking so long.

So, is it possible to fine tune something to get a better time?

Thank you very much in advance!

Eduardo Díaz

http://about.me/ediazr