jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject AW: Rebuilding index
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 08:29:21 GMT
Hi Nelson,

>1) Reading the source code, jackrabbit is using LazyTextExtractorField (and other classes)
to execute the extraction in a separate thread.
>Doesn't it do exactly what I want? But, even so I waited 3 hours and the repository wasn't
initialized and ready to use. Is it normal?

First .. yes this is normal ..
and yes you are right about extraction in a separate thread .. this happens on session.save()
operation. If you start the repository it will start to re-index it if the index is not present.
In that way jackrabbit does not separate between full text indexing and "normal" node/property
indexing. So the start will take much time
depending on your content.

>2)  What I'm planning to do is the best approach? Did anybody make something similar?

One way to handle such index recovering is to create a cluster. Let's assume you would have
2 cluster members where one is the primary and the other one is a hot standby member.
If you have problems with the index on the primary cluster member you could copy the index
folder from the standby cluster member.
If you like you could re-index the repository on your standby member while the primary is
running.

greets
claus