jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Avoid binary streaming
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:16:02 GMT
On 28.11.2012, at 18:01, Seidel. Robert <Robert.Seidel@aeb.de> wrote:

> For this specific file system (http://www.fast-lta.de/en/) , it is necessary to set the
lastmodified date of the file to a date in the future, how long this file should be protected
from deletion,

That seems like an awkward requirement - it obviously breaks the lastmodified semantic for
files. Isn't there another option?

For example, the data store garbage collection relies on the lastmodified of files in the
FileDataStore.

> this depends in our case dynamically on the data (can't be set fix to 6 years or so).

You know that the datastore only applies to binaries, and all other JCR data (node hierarchy
and properties) are stored via the persistence manager and (depending on the implementation)
usually in a database where all data is together in a few files on the file system. If those
db files are lost (because the protection ran out or something) than you won't be able to
get to the binaries in the datastore anymore (or at least no longer no their filenames and
other metadata).

Cheers,
Alex