jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Peltier <npelt...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: How to store binary data?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:22:12 GMT

Persistence manager and datastore are two different things in jackrabbit,
the first is for persisting hierarchy, alphanumeric properties, and binary
properties smaller than iirc 4KB per default (configurable), the second is
for storing binary properties bigger than that threshold.
This means that your photo (bigger than 4b) will have a track in the
persistence manager (which can be e.g. DerbyPM), and one in the datastore.

Hope this helps,

On 10/16/12 1:23 PM, "danisevsky" <danisevsky@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I am using Jackrabbit for storing photos. Users can read and upload
>photos. Current size of workspace is about 100GB and my repository
>configuration looks like this:
>    <FileSystem
>        <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository"/>
>    </FileSystem>
>    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
>    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
>        <FileSystem
>            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
>        </FileSystem>
>        <PersistenceManager
>		    <param name="blobFSBlockSize" value="0"/>
>		    <param name="minBlobSize" value="4096"/>
>		    <param name="errorHandling" value=""/>
>        </PersistenceManager>
>    </Workspace>
>Now I am quite confused because I read that BundleFsPersistenceManager
>is not meant to be used in production environments (except for
>read-only uses) [1].
>Could someone tell me what I should to use? Is DataStore [2] suitable
>filesystem (I do not think that store photos in DB is good option)
>solution for production use? And how to migrate all data? I am using
>Jackrabbit 2.5.1.
>I would be very thankful for explanation.
>[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
>[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

View raw message