jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From danisevsky <danisev...@gmail.com>
Subject How to store binary data?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:23:06 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Jackrabbit for storing photos. Users can read and upload
photos. Current size of workspace is about 100GB and my repository
configuration looks like this:

<Repository>
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
        <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository"/>
    </FileSystem>
    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces" defaultWorkspace="default"/>
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
        </FileSystem>
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceManager">
		    <param name="blobFSBlockSize" value="0"/>
		    <param name="minBlobSize" value="4096"/>
		    <param name="errorHandling" value=""/>
        </PersistenceManager>
    </Workspace>
</Repository>

Now I am quite confused because I read that BundleFsPersistenceManager
is not meant to be used in production environments (except for
read-only uses) [1].
Could someone tell me what I should to use? Is DataStore [2] suitable
filesystem (I do not think that store photos in DB is good option)
solution for production use? And how to migrate all data? I am using
Jackrabbit 2.5.1.

I would be very thankful for explanation.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore