jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From polofan123 <polo...@web.de>
Subject Avoid binary streaming
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:02:51 GMT
In my jackrabbit datastore there are large binary files stored. I can browse
the datastore filesystem and open these files without any problems.

Now how can I use these files from within my application? I of course could
use the getStream() method of type jcr.binary but then I would just stream
all the content of the already exsisting file into a new temporary file
right? Since my binarys are very large I don't want that. I'm looking for a
way to get the full filesystem path of a binary. The method getpath() of
jcr.Property only returns the path within the repository and only with the
mapped node names and not the node names which are really stored on my
filesystem. In general I have to parse a binary object into a Java.IO.File
object and I want to avoid Streaming