jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Arunas F <arun...@gmail.com>
Subject Aggregate index usage
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:29:12 GMT
Hello Jackrabbit community,
As Jackrabbit is very slow while using joins in queries, I want to use queries
on a single node level. But the content on which I want to run queries is also
two level below. So I'd like to take advantage of using aggregated indexes. As
the jackrabbit wiki states I can  “... include the contents of descendant nodes
into a single node ...”. But there is no documentation how could I use these
aggregated indexes.

This is what I'm trying to do.

The content layout is:

[type:A] > nt:hierarchyNode
+ t:dataflow (type:C)

[type:C] > type:B
+ t:data (nt:unstructured)

Workspace indexing_configuration.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM "http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-

     <aggregate primaryType="t:A">

(I also tried other <include> variations like “*/*” and etc.)

And my JCR_SLQ2 query:

SELECT * FROM [t:A] AS a WHERE a.[prop_from_data_node]= 'content'

(“prop_from_data_node” here is a property from a t:data node).

And the data in the workspace is:

Running a query in this case returns 0 matches but I expect the node to be
Can you explain what I'm doing wrong and how should I use index aggregates?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Arunas F

View raw message