jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: better docs
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:40:42 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
> But more generally I wonder if there are any plans to improve this situation.

Not that I know of, unfortunately.

AFAICT most people using Jackrabbit do so in embedded mode, either
directly or through Sling, and thus there hasn't been much interest in
(or contributions to) the standalone server or other non-embedded
deployment scenarios. An since most of the embedded deployment
scenarios are highly dependent on the host application, the scope for
shared documentation has been rather narrow.

Of course there's no reason why that should be the case also in the
future, and I'd be eager to support any good proposals for improving
the level of shared documentation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting