jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Todd Crone <twcr...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit with Postgres
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 00:50:28 GMT
We had an issue with JCR integration with PostgreSQL under load where it
looked like a transaction would hang.  The same scenario would stop with
MySQL but would timeout on its own.  The JCR code seemed to depend on this
behavior that MySQL provides by default.  PostgreSQL by default apparently
won't timeout a statement.  So we updated the statement_timeout in
postgresql.conf from -1 (no timeout) to something (10000 or more perhaps)
and this seems to solve the problem.  I just thought this might be useful
in the Jackrabbit documentation but I'm not active in the community

Can someone add this note somewhere or direct me to the proper location?

Todd Crone