jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Managing BLOBS with sling?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:25:58 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 6:40 PM, polofan123 <polofan@web.de> wrote:
> My goal : Create a Webservice which allows a user to upload a (very large)
> file and to perform some analysis on this file (which is a dataset) through
> programs...

> ...Is this generally possible with jackrabbit or is there a more common
> approach for this?...

That should work if you make sure your files are stored using the
DataStore, which is the default IIRC.

And of course you'll need to measure performance to verify that it
matches your need, but generally with the DataStore storing and
retrieving binaries is efficient, Jackrabbit/Sling do not add at lot
of top of Java's IO code.

>... I also have the feeling that apache sling could be used
> for that but I think this only works for small files and not for BLOBS which
> I have to deal with....

Sling uses Jackrabbit by default and should have a negligible impact
on the performance of storing/retrieving files, as long as you make
sure your files are streamed and not fully loaded in memory.

-Bertrand