jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Haycock" <Robert.Hayc...@artificial-solutions.com>
Subject Multi-threaded saving - multi sessions needed?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 10:15:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a process that saves our solution. A solution consists of folders
and documents. Each document is saved as a node tree. In order to
increase performance I was thinking about having an ExecutorService for
saving each document. Does this sound feasible?

I believe there will be a problem with eg. having 5 threads saving using
the same session, that right? Each "save task" will consist of a
document and a node to save it under. Will each task require its own
session and need to reload the node? Is there a way to re-associate/bind
a node with a different session like in hibernate?

Thanks,

Rob.