jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From polofan123 <polo...@web.de>
Subject Managing BLOBS with sling?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 16:40:13 GMT
Hey I desperately need some help... :(

My goal : Create a Webservice which allows a user to upload a (very large)
file and to perform some analysis on this file (which is a dataset) through
programs. Since files can be very big I learned that storing file in a
content repository has some advantages compared to a database, so I got to
know jackrabbit. In the documentation I found out that there is an option to
set up a directory as a file datastore which enhances performance aswell.
Secondly the analysis results of the uploaded files (datasets) which can get
very large aswell should be stored along with the uploaded files on the
Server. Then I want to display a link in my website to these files and when
the user clicks this link the file should be downloaded.

Is this generally possible with jackrabbit or is there a more common
approach for this? I also have the feeling that apache sling could be used
for that but I think this only works for small files and not for BLOBS which
I have to deal with.

greetings polofan