jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject better docs
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:10:53 GMT
Aloha,

As I assume by now many are aware there is a port of the JCR interfaces to PHP called PHPCR
[1] and there is an implementation that uses Jackrabbit via Davex [2]. We also have a non
Java implementation [3] but for more large scale deployments and for those needing a full
implementation of the spec we suggest to use Jackrabbit. Getting PHP developers to setup a
Java solution is still fairly hard, despite many using Solr/ElasticSearch nowadays, but the
lack of good setup documentation and the fairly messy wiki don't help.

As a first step a PHPCR contributor put together some deployment docs for using Jackrabbit
inside Tomcat with MySQL on our wiki (mainly because he doesnt have write access to the Jackrabbit
wiki .. we are happy to move it over):
https://github.com/jackalope/jackalope/wiki/Running-jackrabbit-in-tomcat-with-mysql

But more generally I wonder if there are any plans to improve this situation. I have noticed
that some of the projects using Jackrabbit have some good information as part of their docs.
But its unfortunate that resources arent pooled here to provide a single coherent and up to
date resource for documentation. And I think a wiki is actually not the right format for this.

regards,
Lukas