jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to please
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 02:49:46 GMT
Dunno about pleasing lords of evils, but maybe you can model it with a
triplet: source > relationship > target. In your case source is the
"item", relationship is "classifiedUnder" and target is "category".
You'll have one of such triplet per item associated in a
classification.

Or with references, where your "classification" nodes have (virtual)
item children where each of those children is a reference to the real
"item" node.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Alex Leshinsky <aleshinsky@iname.com> wrote:
> There’s an eerie feeling in me that this question has been asked and answered a million
times.
>  Being in the grip of my decades long RDB programming, I can’t seem to decide what
is the “JCR way” to deal with this:

>  I need to associate certain objects, lets call them “items”, with a classification
named “category”. Categories have a hierarchical structure and sit in a tree outside items.

--
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer