jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Seidel. Robert" <Robert.Sei...@aeb.de>
Subject AW: Shared DbDataStore?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:54:33 GMT
Hi Jörg,

the interface of the datastore ensures that. You can imagine the datastore as a very huge
hash table.

Regards, Robert

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jörg von Frantzius [mailto:joerg.frantzius@aperto.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. August 2012 17:00
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Shared DbDataStore?

Hi,

does per chance anybody have experiences with a shared DbDataStore <http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore#Database_Data_Store>,
i.e.
having multiple repositories with redundant data that write their binaries into the same DB
schema? Our client needs redundant Jackrabbit instances for purposes of load-balancing and
high-availability (rolling updates), but still would like to see binary data only stored once
in the DB.

To our knowledge, this does work e.g. with a shared FileDataStore even on NFS.

Thanks for sharing any experiences,
Jörg

--
*Dipl. inf. Jörg von Frantzius, System Architect*

Email mailto:joerg.frantzius@aperto.de
Phone +49 30 283921-318
Fax +49 30 283921-29

Aperto AG - In der Pianofabrik
Chausseestraße 5, D-10115 Berlin-Mitte
http://www.aperto.de
http://www.facebook.com/aperto
https://www.xing.com/companies/apertoag

HRB 77049, AG Berlin Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Dirk Buddensiek (Vorsitzender), Kai Großmann, Stephan Haagen
Aufsichtsrat: Bernd Hardes (Vorsitzender)