jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jörg von Frantzius <joerg.frantz...@aperto.de>
Subject Re: AW: Shared DbDataStore?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 16:28:34 GMT
Hi Robert,

I was worrying whether concurrent storage of identical data could lead
to an exception on one of the instances, e.g. because of primary key
violation. But it seems that
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.db.DbDataStore.addRecord(InputStream)
caters for that case, simply by ignoring any exception while setting the
ID...

Do you per chance know of anybody using such a setup in production?

Thanks + regards,
Jörg

On 08.08.2012 17:54, Seidel. Robert wrote:
> Hi Jörg,
>
> the interface of the datastore ensures that. You can imagine the datastore as a very
huge hash table.

> Regards, Robert

DB schema? Our client needs redundant Jackrabbit instances for purposes of load-balancing
and high-availability (rolling updates), but still would like to see binary data only stored
once in the DB.