jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dominik Eisenberg <Dominik.Eisenb...@ptvgroup.com>
Subject Q: How to invoke repository GarbageCollector remotely?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:59:07 GMT
Hi,

we are using JackRabbit 2.4.2 WebApp and JackRabbitExplorer. Our own WebApp uses the repository
remotely (RMI) like JackRabbitExplorer does.
We are storing files in the repository (nt:file, nt:resource) and need to delete old files,
which were once referenced but the corresponding nodes have been deleted.

Now we have a problem to invoke the garbage collector. This seems not to work, when connecting
to the repository remotely from our own WebApp, because only a ClientRepository is returned
and this does not provide the garbage collection method.

Is there any way to invoke the garbage collector remotely or have you got any other ideas
for us?

Thanks, regards,
Dominik