jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Leshinsky" <aleshin...@iname.com>
Subject Re: How to please
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:55:02 GMT
Felix,
 thanks for your input.

 Do i understand it correctly when I say that your "triplet" physically is an item's child
node named "ClassifiedByCategory", having a prop named "CategoryName" with the value of actual
category name?

 Alex.

----- Original Message -----
From: Fabián Mandelbaum
Sent: 08/16/12 10:49 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to please

 Dunno about pleasing lords of evils, but maybe you can model it with a triplet: source >
relationship > target. In your case source is the "item", relationship is "classifiedUnder"
and target is "category". You'll have one of such triplet per item associated in a classification.
Or with references, where your "classification" nodes have (virtual) item children where each
of those children is a reference to the real "item" node. Hope this helps. On Thu, Aug 16,
2012 at 9:18 PM, Alex Leshinsky <aleshinsky@iname.com> wrote: > There’s an eerie
feeling in me that this question has been asked and answered a million times. > Being in
the grip of my decades long RDB programming, I can’t seem to decide what is the “JCR way”
to deal with this: > > I need to associate certain objects, lets call them “items”,
with a classification named “category”. Categories have a hierarchical structure and sit
in a tree outside items. > An item can be associated with any node in the Category
 tree. > > I’m aware that David calls IDs evil. So, how do I model that without risking
to burn in hell? > Many thanks! > Alex Leshinsky -- Fabián Mandelbaum IS Engineer

Alex Leshinsky