jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Leshinsky" <aleshin...@iname.com>
Subject How to please
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:18:34 GMT
There’s an eerie feeling in me that this question has been asked and answered a million times.
 Being in the grip of my decades long RDB programming, I can’t seem to decide what is the
“JCR way” to deal with this:

 I need to associate certain objects, lets call them “items”, with a classification named
“category”. Categories have a hierarchical structure and sit in a tree outside items.
 An item can be associated with any node in the Category tree.

 I’m aware that David calls IDs evil. So, how do I model that without risking to burn in
hell?
 Many thanks!
Alex Leshinsky