jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From SCHEDENIG Marian <Marian.Schede...@qualysoft.com>
Subject Clustering, WebDAV and Concurrency
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 09:09:15 GMT
Hi,

with some help from this list, I've finally managed to get a clustered Jackrabbit test setup
running. So far everything seems good, but I've run into an issue I've been expecting all
along.

Say two users U and V are accessing cluster nodes A and B. If U writes resource X on A and
immediately afterwards V writes the same resource X on B, it can happen that B's changes are
gone immediately after they're written and replaced by A's changes. I suppose this happens
when both writes happen within the same synchronisation time frame (I left syncDelay at the
default 5000ms).

As far as I understand, the section "Concurrent Write Behavior" at the end of the clustering
wiki page seems to imply that locking JCR nodes before writing to them forces a cluster sync.
In this case, the behaviour I'm seeing would imply that I either still have a configuration
issue, or that Jackrabbit's WebDAV layer simply doesn't use locking and therefore doesn't
prevent these concurrency issues.

I'd appreciate feedback and comments on this, if only to confirm that this is indeed working
as designed and I can stop worrying about my configuration.

Thanks,
Marian.

DI Marian Schedenig
Senior Developer

Qualysoft GmbH | Saturn Tower, Leonard-Bernstein-Stra├če 10, A-1220 Wien | Fimenbuchnummer
186076t, Handelsgericht Wien
P:  +43 1 409 59 87-26 | F:  +43 1 409 59 87-11 | Mail: marian.schedenig@qualysoft.com<mailto:marian.schedenig@qualysoft.com>
| Web: www.qualysoft.at<http://www.qualysoft.at/>

Austria - Germany - Hungary - Romania - Serbia - Slovakia - Ukraine