jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: session.save() persists changes even if the transaction is rollbacked
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 11:50:02 GMT
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Subscriber <subscriber@zfabrik.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we are using Jackrabbit 2.2.5.
> The workspace is persisted in a MySql database using a JNDI datasource in conjunction
with JTA (we are using MySqlPersistenceManager).

> In the javadocs of javax.jcr.Session#save() is written - cite:
>
> "If the save occurs within a transaction, the changes are dispatched but are not persisted
until the transaction is committed."

> So we assume that changes are not persisted, if session.save() is called, but the transaction
is rollbacked afterwards (let's say due to an exception).
> However we discover that changes are persisted already after a session.save() call. Does
jackrabbit calls commit() by itself?

jackrabbit expects to be in full control of the underlying database
connection, see [0].

cheers
stefan

[0] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Persistenceconfiguration