jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQL -like triggers in JCR
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:34:25 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Dok Sander <doksander@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ... I'm working on a project that uses JCR and needs to perform some actions on node
add to
> evaluate the node's validity(This would be something like: Check if this node's property
date
> is within the required date range)...

One common pattern for that is to write data to an "incoming" folder
initially, observe that and move it to its final destination if valid
- but that does not work for all use cases obviously.

Apache Sling provides another option in the form of a post-processor
for HTTP POST operations used to write to the repository, which can
examine content and veto changes before it is saved [1].

A more integrated option could be better depending on your needs -
just mean to mention two common options.

-Bertrand

[1] http://sling.apache.org/apidocs/sling6/org/apache/sling/servlets/post/SlingPostProcessor.html