jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Subscriber <subscri...@zfabrik.de>
Subject session.save() persists changes even if the transaction is rollbacked
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:33:51 GMT
Hi there,

we are using Jackrabbit 2.2.5.
The workspace is persisted in a MySql database using a JNDI datasource in conjunction with
JTA (we are using MySqlPersistenceManager).

In the javadocs of javax.jcr.Session#save() is written - cite:

"If the save occurs within a transaction, the changes are dispatched but are not persisted
until the transaction is committed."

So we assume that changes are not persisted, if session.save() is called, but the transaction
is rollbacked afterwards (let's say due to an exception).
However we discover that changes are persisted already after a session.save() call. Does jackrabbit
calls commit() by itself?

Thanks in advance for any help and best regards
Udo