jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Byrne <step...@lincware.com>
Subject Re: How to set the DB schema name for Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:06:48 GMT
On 07/10/2012 11:18 AM, Sascha.Theves@bosch-si.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are using Jackrabbit 2.2.10. How do I set the DB schema name that Jackrabbit should
use in the BundlePersistenceManagers, DBFileSystems, DbDataStores etc...?

> I tried to use the property "schemaObjectPrefix" in my repository.xml file but that doesn`t
work. I set the value to something like "SCHEMA.PREFIX_" but Jackrabbit internally replaces
the "." char with another one because it thought that it is an invalid table name. DbDataStore
doesn`t do this, it just doesn`t call the ConnectionHelper.prepareDbIdentifier method. Maybe
someone has forgotten that.

> The second problem is (after fixing the ConnectionHelper.prepareDbIdentifier method)
that the ConnectionHelper.tableExists check doesn`t work for some reason and Jackrabbit always
tries to create the database tables if the "schemaCheckEnabled" property is set to "true".
So for me it looks like Jackrabbit is unable to deal with database schema names or do I understand
something completely wrong?

> Regards,
>
> Sascha

I submitted a patch for this against 2.2.7, but it never got anywhere.

--
Stephen Byrne
stephen@lincware.com