jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Henning Blohm <henning.bl...@original1.net>
Subject Re: session.save() persists changes even if the transaction is rollbacked
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:39:23 GMT
Stefan,

does that in fact mean that there is no way to get atomic changes in
Jackrabbit? Or is there just some Jackrabbit specific way of controlling
an underlying transaction?

Or in short: Is it true that jackrabbit commits changes at some time of
its choice and there is nothing we can do about it?

Thanks,
   Henning

On 07/04/2012 01:50 PM, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Subscriber <subscriber@zfabrik.de> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> we are using Jackrabbit 2.2.5.
>> The workspace is persisted in a MySql database using a JNDI datasource in conjunction
with JTA (we are using MySqlPersistenceManager).

>> In the javadocs of javax.jcr.Session#save() is written - cite:
>>
>> "If the save occurs within a transaction, the changes are dispatched but are not
persisted until the transaction is committed."

>> So we assume that changes are not persisted, if session.save() is called, but the
transaction is rollbacked afterwards (let's say due to an exception).
>> However we discover that changes are persisted already after a session.save() call.
Does jackrabbit calls commit() by itself?