jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dok Sander <doksan...@yahoo.com>
Subject SQL -like triggers in JCR
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 15:46:26 GMT
Hello,

 I'm working on a project that uses JCR and needs to perform some actions on node add to
evaluate the node's validity(This would be something like: Check if this node's property date
is within the required date range). Using SQL I would do this by using triggers or foreign
key constraints but I have to yet to find a corresponding feature in JCR. I was first rooting
for jcr.observation(And more precisely Jackrabbit SynchronousEventListener) but it seems that
the listener is not supposed to write to the repo(At least not on the same session) and it
wouldn't help anyway since I need a way to _cancel_ the node add operation.

I could of course override NodeImpl, do the required validation on  addNode and then call
super.addNode, or perhaps do some checking on AccessManager. Still, it feels like this functionality
something that's missing in JCR. Am I working against the specification here or have I just
not found the corresponding features :) ?

-- vdox